Draft Meeting Minutes 11 March 2019

Draft Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 11th March 2019 at 7.00pm in the Council Chambers, Edwinstowe Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllr P Bromley, Cllr A Stanley, Cllr Peck (NCCC), Cllr Bradley, Cllr L Shaw-Browne, Cllr Brooks (NSDC)

In attendance: Frances Ford, Clerk, 2 members of the public

Apologies: Cllr Hunt, Cllr M Smith, Cllr A Dunn

19/143 Welcome

Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.

18/144 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

19/145 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

There were none.

19/146 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 11th February 2019

The minutes were unanimously approved and signed by the Chair.

19/147 County Councillors Report

C/Cllr Peck informed the council that the request for reduction in speed limit from Kings Clipstone to Clipstone was on the agenda for the Community & Place meeting. It also included a request for further road resurfacing on the B6030, in particular the part through Clipstone Village.

C/Cllr Peck has reported the loose manhole on the Main Road, in addition to the council’s report of it. It has been repaired ineffectively.

19/148 District Councillors Report

No D/Cllr present.

19/149 Parish Councillors Report

Cllr Stanley advised that the resident’s vehicle that was blocking traffic light sensors on Archway Road has now moved, and so there was no need to visit.

Cllr Stanley reported that 10 copies of the Neighbourhood Plan had been printed and are to be distributed to councillors. Spare copies are available for residents to see.

Cllr Stanley suggested that a lit speed awareness sign may be useful for traffic coming into the village from Sherwood Pines direction. Clerk to look into how to arrange this.

Cllr Bradley reported that the pothole outside the gateway to Waterfield Farm keeps filling with water. The Clerk is to contact VIA with a view to finding out if there was a conclusion to this issue previously, as it has been previously reported.

Cllr Bromley suggested that the council write to VIA and ask for an updated traffic survey and an air quality survey. Clerk to contact.

19/150 Correspondence from Residents

None received.

19/151 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

A resident asked if before Summer it would be possible to have resident only parking signs due to increased parking outside residents’ houses for the day, which may become a bigger concern in Summer. Clerk to make VIA aware of the issue and see what can be done.

19/152 Planning Matters

There were none.

19/153 Update on purchase of playing field equipment

A grant of £10,000 has been applied for from the Big Lottery Fund. The council cannot proceed with purchase of any equipment until 7th June 2019 at the earliest, due to restrictions placed by the Big Lottery Grant.

19/154 Update on the services to the playing field

Cllr Bromley still awaits quotes for the installation of services.

19/155 Update on Sherwood Pines Concerts 2019 and writing to the Forestry Commission

The council have been in contacted with the Newark and Sherwood Licensing Department and the Forestry Commission, and have received acknowledgement of concerns from each. The council awaits further information from the Forestry Commission.

19/156 Information regarding Election for May 2019

A discussion took place regarding the upcoming Election and it was agreed that a leaflet would be put together to outline the council’s achievements. Nomination packs are available on the council website.

19/157 Update on action taken regarding Containers on the Meadow

No response received by the council yet following letter sent to planning.

19/158 Council to receive an update on the purchase of a bench by the Friends of Kings Clipstone

Cllr Hunt was not present at the meeting to give an update.

19/159 To receive an update on the re-design of the Parish Council Website

A meeting is to be held with JKE Web Design in the coming week to discuss the re-design.

19/160 To receive an update on the loose manhole covers and potholes on the Main Road

The road has been repaired, but repairs are unsatisfactory.

19/161 Dog Waste Bin Emptying Contract Renewal for 2019-2020

The Parish Council unanimously approved the signing of the bin emptying contract for the coming year.

19/162 Accounts for Payment

The following items were approved unanimously, and payments will be made by online banking:

  1. Clerk’s Pay for March
  2. HMRC - Tax on Clerk's Wages
  3. Ratification of purchase of 12 1st class stamps - £8.04
  4. Taghosting - Renewal of domain name for website for 4 years - £27.96
  5. Taghosting - Renewal of webhosting for 1 year - £21.60
  6. Nottinghamshire County Council - Grasscutting invoice - £1,323.41 (incl VAT)
  7. Newark & Sherwood District Council - Dog Waste Bin emptying invoice for 1/4/18-31/3/19 - £355.68 (incl VAT)
  8. PFK - Audit fee for 17/18 - £360.00

19/163 Date of Next Meeting

The next ordinary meeting will be held Monday 15th April 2019 at 7.00pm.

The Chairman thanked all those present for their attendance, and closed the meeting at 8.03pm.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813