Draft Meeting Minutes 11 February 2019

Draft Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 11th February 2019 at 7.00pm in the Council Chambers, Edwinstowe Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllr P Bromley, Cllr A Stanley, Cllr Peck (NCCC), Cllr C Hunt, Cllr Bradley, Cllr L Shaw-Browne, Cllr Brooks (NSDC)

In attendance: Frances Ford, Clerk, 2 members of the public

Apologies: Cllr Peacock (NSDC), Cllr M Smith, Cllr A Dunn

19/118 Welcome

Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.

18/119 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

19/120 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

Cllr Bradley declared an interest in item 19/134.

19/121 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 14th January 2018

The minutes were unanimously approved and signed by the Chair.

19/122 County Councillors Report

C/Cllr Peck informed the council that the design for the work on Ollerton roundabout has been drafted, and awaits approval from the secretary of state. The island is to be made larger and so traffic flow should be increased. The project is expected to be completed by 2022. Work is intended to be carried out at night to minimize disruption.
The new operator for the East Midlands Rail franchise is expected to be announced next month. A business plan is to be prepared for extending the Robin Hood Line through Edwinstowe to Ollerton. This is expected to take around 1 year.

C/Cllr Peck mentioned that tourism strategy is on the agenda for the County Council Policy Committee meeting. The intention is that over the next few years the visitor economy of Nottinghamshire will be built up. A discussion took place regarding lack of Robin Hood and history at Sherwood Forest Visitors Centre, and C/Cllr Peck continues to push the issue. A discussion took place regarding potential traffic issues with increased tourism being brought to the area.

19/123 District Councillors Report

D/Cllr Brooks told the council that the planning enforcement officer at Newark has got a list of issues for Kings Clipstone, for the land adjacent to the Dog and Duck and 1 King John’s Court and plans to visit all concerned. A written report on the issues is to be delivered to the council. A discussion took place regarding the planning issues and D/Cllr Brooks advised the council to write to the chief executive at planning.

19/124 Parish Councillors Report

Cllr Stanley reported that there is a noisy grate on the Main Road outside of the telephone box which is creating a lot of noise as traffic goes over it. It was reported to Highways on the 1st February, and Highways have advised Virgin Media who have been asked to fix it ASAP.

Cllr Hunt reported further parking in the village by cyclists and users of Sherwood Pines. It was agreed that the council would write to Sherwood Pines and include the issue.

School Lane continues to be used by cars, and it was agreed after a discussion that the council contact Roy Bowring and ask if it would be possible to block off the lane with a stone boulder, leaving access for farm vehicles.

19/125 Correspondence from Residents

None received.

19/126 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

There were none.

19/127 Planning Matters

There were none.

19/128 To discuss purchase of playing field equipment for the playing field

A discussion took place regarding various pricing for the potential play equipment, and it was proposed by Cllr Hunt and seconded by Cllr Shaw-Browne that the council apply for a Lottery Grant of £10,000 to cover the cost of the play equipment. This was unanimously approved.

19/129 Update on the services to the playing field

Cllr Bromley still awaits quotes for the installation of services.

19/130 To agree the Precept requirement for the coming year

The council agreed that £9,500 precept would be required, the same as last year and the year before. The Parish Council do not wish to increase the precept. This was proposed by Cllr Stanley, seconded by Cllr Bradley and unanimously approved.

19/131 Council to discuss cover for Clerk absence in April & May 2019

The Clerk will be unable to attend meetings in April and May and therefore cover is required. Cllr Hunt proposed that the council request that Lynda Ogilvie stands in as temporary Clerk, which was seconded by Cllr Stanley and unanimously approved.

19/132 To agree meeting dates for 2019

The Annual Parish meeting is to be the 8th April 2019.
The Annual Meeting of the Parish Council is to be 13th May 2019.

19/133 To approve the newsletter for distribution in February

A review of the draft newsletter took place and it was then unanimously approved for distribution.

19/134 To vote on the retention of Councillor Bradley under exceptional circumstances

Not applicable as Cllr Bradley was present at the meeting.

19/135 Council to discuss parking complaints from residents of Archway Road

A number of complaints had been received by councillors regarding the parking of a resident close to the traffic lights on Archway Road, obstructing the sensors for the traffic lights. Cllr Stanley agreed to inform the resident of the complaints.

19/136 Council to discuss Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Result

The Parish Council website has been updated with the Referendum results. They have also been printed in the Chad. Cllr Hunt proposed that the council print 10 hard copy Neighbourhood Plans, which was seconded by Cllr Shaw-Browne and unanimously approved.

19/137 Council to receive an update on the Containers on the Meadow from planning

The council discussed the matter following the report from D/Cllr Brooks in item 19/123 and agreed to write to the chief executive of planning at NSDC.

19/138 Council to receive an update on the purchase of a bench by the Friends of Kings Clipstone

This matter is ongoing, and Cllr Hunt advised that another signatory is needed to release funds at the bank.

19/139 To approve the re-design of the Parish Council website

A proposal for the new website had been circulated to councillors ahead of the meeting, and it was agreed to pay the 25% deposit for work to begin on the website. The total cost of the website would be £1,100. This was proposed by Cllr Stanley, seconded by Cllr Hunt and unanimously approved.

19/140 Accounts for Payment

The following items were approved unanimously, and payments will be made by online banking:

  1. Clerk’s Pay for February
  2. HMRC - Tax on Clerk's Wages
  3. NALC - Annual Subscription - £87.05
  4. Cllr Stanley - Reimbursement of ink - £24.99

19/141 Date of Next Meeting

The next ordinary meeting will be held Monday 11th March 2019 at 7.00pm.

The Chairman thanked all those present for their attendance, and closed the meeting at 8.55pm.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813