Meeting Minutes 12 July 2017

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Wednesday 12th July 2017 at 7.00pm in the Council Chambers, Edwinstowe Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllr J Govan (Chairman), Cllr M Bradley, Cllr A Dunn, Cllr P Bromley, Cllr C Hunt

In attendance: Frances Ford, Clerk, 1 member of the public, Cllr Peck (NCCC), D/Cllr Peacock, D/Cllr Brooks

Apologies: Cllr Stanley

18/015 Welcome

Chairman opened the meeting and welcomed everyone.

18/016 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

18/017 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

There were none.

18/018 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th June 2017

The minutes were unanimously approved and signed by the Chair.

18/019 County Councillors Report

County Cllr Peck explained that it is the time of year that County Councillors are invited to submit anything in the division that needs to go into the 2018/19 highways programme. Squires Lane, and a reduction in speed limit on Gorsethorpe Lane have been resubmitted. County Cllr Peck is also working on a speed limit reduction for the B6030 from the edge of Kings Clipstone to the 30mph zone at Clipstone. Mansfield Road in Clipstone is to be resurfaced, however this is on the reserve list.

Applications have been made by INEOS for seismic testing in the field off Gorsethorpe Lane. Edwinstowe take the view that each stage should be opposed if there is an intention for fracking.

Broken slabs on Main Road will be reported again if nothing is done in the next few weeks.

18/020 District Councillors Report

District Cllr Peacock had received notification that soil is coming down the bank on to the Main Road, and that there is red graffiti sprayed on the road signs on Gorsethorpe Lane.

A new planning framework has been implemented which might mean that anyone wanting to build in Kings Clipstone may find it more difficult as infill sites may not be grated. Infill sights are detailed in the Neighbourhood Plan and copies of this are to go to District Cllrs Brooks & Peacock.

District Cllr Brooks gave the council some guidance on material reasons to object planning applications, and encouraged the council to make comments on applications, whether negative or positive.

There has been a new application for a license for the Kings Clipstone Beer Festival to be held 25th-27th August 2017.

18/021 Parish Councillors Report

Cllr Bradley has been contacted twice by different football teams wanting to use the playing field. The council would like to support young teams, however can’t allow the use of the field for this purpose until sufficient parking is available on Squires Lane.

Cllr Dunn reported fly tipping on the track between Vicar Water and Kings Clipstone, near the water tower.

RESOLVED:- Clerk to contact Newark & Sherwood District Council regarding the fly tipping.

Cllr Bromley reported that the signs regarding skidding on the Main Road are still up following the resurfacing earlier this year.

RESOLVED:- Clerk to contact highways to see if the signs can come down.

Cllr Dunn informed the meeting that a planning application has been submitted to N&SDC for 200 camping pitches at Sherwood pines. The target date for N&SDC decision is 6th October 2017. D/Cllr Brooks confirmed that the application could be discussed at our September meeting therefore no extra meeting would be required.

Resolved: clerk to inform N&SDC Planning.

18/022 Correspondence from Residents

A thank you was received from residents of Archway Road for the traffic management during the Sherwood Pines concert events held in June. They felt it was better managed than previous years.

A thank you card and cheque for £100 was received from the organizers of the Beer Festival, for use of the facilities and marquee. The council discussed whether to reserve the funds to purchase a new marquee at some stage, or donate to charity.

RESOLVED:- Cllr Dunn to check what we can/can’t do with the funds.

18/023 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

There were none.

18/024 Agenda Items

  1. Neighborhood Plan Update
    Cllr Bromley had brought Cllr Stanley’s foreword for the Neighbourhood Plan to the meeting for approval before publication. The council unanimously approved the foreword subject to making the first line bigger and moving it up to the top of the document.
  2. Playing Field Update & discussion on restrictive covenants
    The council had received a list of restrictive covenants in relation to the playing field. The council has concerns on restrictions for building. The Clerk had queried the ambiguity around the restrictions on the field’s community use, building and play structures with the solicitors and awaits a reply. Borrowing approval has now been requested for the field.

    RESOLVED:- Clerk to await response from Banner Jones Solicitors.
  3. Request for another dog bin
    Agenda item for September.
  4. Restricted By Way-School Lane
    Cllr Hunt explained that we can’t erect barriers at the Parish Council’s expense as School Lane is a private road. It was concluded that it is the landowner’s responsibility to choose whether to erect signs or barriers on the road.
  5. Casual vacancy – deadline 20th July
    The deadline for the casual vacancy is the 20th July, after which time the Parish Council may co-opt a Councillor.
  6. Gorsethorpe Village road sign vandalism
    District Cllr Peacock will deal with this.
  7. Dog & Duck
    Cllr Bromley had heard that the Dog & Duck may be occupied within the next couple of months.
  8. Fracking & tree charter
    The council’s objections to fracking included the effect on water quality, tourism, the safety of fracking and the volume of large lorries that would be using the roads. The council invites residents’ opinions on fracking, and will be visiting residents with a petition for signature. The decision for the petition was proposed by Cllr Bromley, seconded by Cllr Govan and unanimously approved.

    The council unanimously approved the decision to oppose fracking.

    The council have joined the Tree Charter, who campaign on the issue of fracking. They have invited us to have a legacy tree in our own village, available free of charge, but we must have somewhere to plant it. They have also provided the council with a book to fill with signatures to support the tree charter, and some newsletters.

    RESOLVED:- Clerk to prepare petition forms for Cllr Govan to visit residents. Clerk to contact the Forestry Commission at Sherwood Pines with a view to having the Tree Charter book in the visitor centre, and a place to plant the legacy tree.
  9. Grass cutting boundaries
    The Clerk is awaiting a map of grass cutting boundaries. Cllr Bradley mentioned that the footpath between Clipstone and Kings Clipstone is getting overgrown and that trees are overhanging.

    RESOLVED:- Agenda item for September. Clerk to report trees to Notts County Council.
  10. Internet banking
    The Clerk explained there were two ways of approving internet banking payments; the payment can be approved at the meeting and then the Clerk can log in and make the payment, or alternatively two councilors would also need to log in, in addition to the Clerk to approve payments she set up.

    Cllr Govan proposed that the council go with the former option, and that copy statements would be brought to the meetings to show what had come in/gone out of the account each month. Cllr Hunt seconded this and it was unanimously approved.
  11. September meeting date
    The Clerk is away on 13th September when the next meeting was due, it was agreed to bring the date forward to the 6th September 2017 at 7.00pm as there is no August meeting.

18/025 Accounts for Payment

The following items were approved unanimously, cheques raised and signed:

Clerk’s overtime for June (9hrs) £107.74 (gross)
Clerk’s pay for July £143.65 (gross)
Clerk reimbursement for postage £7.25
BMB Financial Services £25.00 (for internal audit)
Data Protection Licence £35.00

18/026 Date of Next Meeting

This will be Thursday 10th August 2017 at 7.15pm.

Chairman thanked all those present for their attendance, and closed the meeting at 8:32pm.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813