Meeting Minutes 15 June 2016

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Wednesday 15th June 2016 in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Bromley, Govan, Parkhouse, Smyth

Apologies: Cllrs Harbottle & Maguire, D/Cllr Peacock - prior commitments

17/018 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present and informed those present that a public consultation concerning the development of Thoresby Colliery will take place on 21st July 2016, 2pm-8pm at the colliery.

17/019 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

17/020 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

None.

17/021 Approval of minutes of the meetings held on Wednesday 11th May 2016

The AGM and Ordinary meeting minutes were approved unanimously.

17/022 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

None.

17/023 County Councillors Report

Not in attendance.

17/024 District Councillors Report

Planning laws are being relaxed all the time. N&SDC has a poor record of Neighbourhood Plans so it would be worthwhile for the council to continue the process.

Cllr Brooks encouraged councillors to write to the Leader and Chief Executive at N&SDC if there is a tourist asset in the village that could benefit from grant funding.

17/025 Village Councillors Report

Cllr Parkhouse (on behalf of Cllr Harbottle) congratulated Cllr Bromley on chairing the Annual Parish meeting.

Further enquiries were requested regarding the weed killer on and around the playing field - Clerk to make further enquiries.

The hedge on Squires Lane is now completely covering the sign at the junction.

Cllr Bromley requested enquiries be made for a priority sign on the bridge on Gorsethorpe Lane - Clerk to make enquiries.

Cllr Bromley requested a traffic census on B6030 - Clerk to enquire with Highways.

17/026 Planning Matters

None.

17/027 Agenda Items

  1. Playing Field - update
    1. Email from Darren Ridout
      After a discussion it was agreed that the land is agricultural land which could be used as allotments in the future. The playing field to be included in the neighbourhood plan.
      Clerk to look at possibility of Fields in Trust status/asset of community value.

      It was agreed to write to Matt Lamb at N&SDC for confirmation that as the land is nor designated housing land and there are no planning applications for it, what would the value be? Also confirm whether there is any point in having it valued by the District Valuer. Agreed unanimously.

      Clerk to make enquiries
    2. Fitness/Play Equipment
      To be looked at in the future when response received to enquiries at a.
  2. King’s Clipstone Business Forum
    A proposal to set up a small proactive/forward thinking forum with local businesses to understand what is happening in the village and what is planned in the area.

    It was unanimously agreed for Cllr Bromley to write a business plan/structure for the forum including desired outcomes.
  3. Letter from resident concerning Annual Parish Meeting
    Comments had been received from a resident concerning the order of the Annual Parish Meeting. It was felt that when a guest speaker is in attendance, a separate question section for residents is provided for village issues. Agreed unanimously

    An elderly lifelong resident of the village has a suggestion for safe pedestrian access through the village. Clerk to get details and bring back to a future meeting
  4. Grant Application Protocol
    Unanimously agreed to use the Edwinstowe grant document, allocate £500 in total per year and to hear applications at two meetings.
  5. Forms for Council Debit Card
    Documents passed to Cllr Govan and Cllr Bradley for completion.

17/028 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages
    Unanimously agreed and cheques written

17/029 Date of Next Meeting 13th July 2016 at 7.00pm
Noted.

Meeting closed at 1950hrs.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813