Meeting Minutes 13 July 2016

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Wednesday 13th July 2016 at 7.00pm in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Bromley, Govan, Parkhouse

Apologies: Cllrs Harbottle - prior commitments, Maguire, Smyth - work commitments, D/Cllrs Brooks, Peacock, C/Cllr Peck - prior commitments

17/030 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present and made the following announcement: -
There will be a total road closure on Main Road from Mill Lane to the roundabout at Cavendish Park between Monday 10th October 2016 to Tuesday 25th October 2016 for carriageway resurfacing and associated works.

Copies for noticeboards and website.

17/031 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

17/032 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

None.

17/033 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 15th June 2016

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

17/034 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

None.

17/035 County Councillors Report (to be made when C/Cllr Peck arrives)

None.

17/036 District Councillors Report

None.

17/037 Village Councillors Report

17/038 Planning Matters

Planning Appeal - 15/02109/FUL Construction of a single storey dwelling and garage adjacent to Sherwood Forest Lodge - Noted

A change of use planning application has been received for 1 King John's Court, Main Road, King's Clipstone 16/01089/FUL. From C1 (bed and breakfast) to C2 (residential care home)

This is too late to be discussed at this meeting, it was agreed to hold a short meeting on Thursday 21st July at 1.45pm before the Neighbourhood Plan Meeting with Helen Metcalfe.

Advertise planning meeting on website and in noticeboards.

17/039 Agenda Items

  1. Neighbourhood Plan
    1. Meeting Date
      The next meeting is on Thursday 21st July 2016 at 2.00pm with Helen Metcalfe in the Village Hall, Edwinstowe. Clerk to email Working Group members.

      It was agreed to advertise the working group around the village for other interested parties to join.

      Posters in noticeboards and on website.
    2. Grants
      We have now received the £10,000 grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
  2. Focus for our Council
    We have been criticised for the last two years for not spending money and tax payers have a right to question this. After a discussion, the following projects were identified:-
    1. Purchase of the playing field.
      Arrange a meeting with Darren Ridout. Awaiting a response from N&SDC Planning Department about land valuation.
    2. Look at a safe route passed the Dog & Duck bridge
      Write to the landowner to ask about renting a section of his land offering a compensation payment.
    3. Community-led plan
      Get the community involved in a community led plan to identify projects and ideas.
      Arrange a meeting with Alex Raynor at RCAN
    4. Reduce the precept in future years?
      Revisit in November
    5. Christmas Lights
      The infrastructure on the lamp columns was not carried out when the columns were replaced earlier this year. The work could be done whilst the road is closed in October.
      Arrange a site visit with Matt Duckworth of Highways.
    6. Christmas Tree on the Green
      Speak to Forest Holidays about donating a Christmas Tree
      Look at infrastructure on lamp column on the Green
    7. Cut hedge behind the shed on the playing field
      Cllr Parkhouse to look at hedge and shed roof and replacement rails for the fencing and raise at next meeting/let Alice know.
    8. Playing Field Inspection
      Alice to arrange playground inspection.
  3. Business Forum Working Party
    Cllr Bromley outlined the strategy for the Working Party and distributed a document outlining the purpose of the Business Forum Working Party - approved unanimously. Put on website.

    It was agreed to form a working party, write to all local businesses asking if they would like to be involved.

17/040 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages
  2. Edwinstowe Parish Council - Photocopying
  3. Edwinstowe Parish Council - Meeting Room Hire Charge

All agreed unanimously. Clerk to get invoice from Edwinstowe Parish Council for the room hire charge.

17/041 Date of Next Meeting 14th September 2016 at 7.00pm - noted

Meeting closed 1945hrs.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813