Meeting Minutes 12 October 2016

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Wednesday 12th October 2016 in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Bromley, Govan, Parkhouse, Smyth

Apologies: D/Cllr Peacock - prior commitments

17/054 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present and made a statement regarding her recent driving conviction.

17/055 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

17/056 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

None.

17/057 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 14th September 2016

Minutes were approved and signed by the Chair.

17/058 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

Commenced 1904hrs

A resident read a statement about what action was being taken regarding the recent convictions of two Village Councillors.

A resident read a statement regarding Village Councillors actions bringing the council into disrepute.

Ended 1910hrs

17/059 County Councillors Report (to be made when C/Cllr Peck arrives)

The resurfacing of Main Road is still in the programme for March 2017.

C/Cllr Peck has requested the resurfacing of Squires Lane and the lowering of the speed limit on Gorsethorpe Lane to be included in next year's programme. These are only requests at the moment.

17/060 District Councillors Report

N&SDC have recently accepted the Neighbourhood Plan from Southwell.

The planning application for the change of use for the B&B on Main Road has been deferred to November.

17/061 Village Councillors Report

The Chair reported that David Maguire wanted the meeting to know that he is extremely angry that his resignation has been incorrectly linked to Joy Harbottle and the Chair in the press recently. The Clerk also stated that her resignation was not linked to the recent press articles.

Cllr Parkhouse reported that he had received complaints concerning barking dogs at the Dog and Duck end of the village. The situation will be monitored.

Cllr Parkhouse reported that the website needs updating. The Clerk has started a list to send to the web manager. Any corrections can be sent to the web manager directly as the Clerk is leaving soon.

Ended 1914hrs

17/062 Planning Matters

  1. Planning Application 16/01536/OUT - Proposed Bungalow, Land to the southern side of King' s Clipstone, Main Road

The above planning application was discussed and it was unanimously agreed to object to the proposal on the following grounds:

Traffic - the same entrance is used for the caravan site, Bed and Breakfast and stables already.

Spatial Policy 3 - Rural Areas

Location - New Development should be within the main built-up areas of the village, the proposed bungalow is not within the main built-up area. The village itself does not contain significant local services.

Housing Need - The proposal does not contain any evidence of local housing need. There is currently a two bedroom bungalow for sale within the village.

Spatial Policy 1 - Settlement Hierarchy, N&S Core Strategy. King's Clipstone is an 'Other Village' therefore any proposed development will be considered under Spatial Policy 3 - Rural Areas

The proposed site is actually part of the setting of King John's Palace and as such any development would have an impact on the setting particularly when viewed from Bridleway 3 and National Cycleway 6. Previous applications on the site have been refused 14/00137/FUL, 15/02155/FUL and 13/01842/FUL There are currently appeals on two applications on the site and the reasons for the refusal by the Village Council stand for this application also.

17/063 Agenda Items

  1. Neighbourhood Plan
    1. Update - Survey Visit
      The recent visit by Helen Metcalfe was discussed. The original Neighbourhood Plan is currently being updated including a design statement. Helen would like to present the draft in December.
  2. Casual Vacancies
    The casual vacancies will be filled by an election (if contested) on Thursday 24th November 2016.
  3. Speedwatch Update
    Contact details have been received.

    Cllr Bromley reported on the traffic census details received from NCC Highways and has met with the Highways Officer. He has agreed tot walk the village to look at what traffic calming measures are possible.

    There is a forthcoming road closure between Sherwood Pines and Archway Road for sewerage works from Sherwood Pines.

    RESOLVED: New Clerk to make enquiries with Speedwatch contact and arrange the visit by the Highways Officer.
  4. Winter Service - Offer of Assistance
    It was unanimously agreed to order the five free bags of salt.
  5. Clerk's Resignation
    The resignation was noted. Thanks to the Clerk for her work whilst with the council.

    Cllr Parkhouse to act as Clerk in the interim until a new Clerk is appointed.
  6. Annual Return for the year ended 31.03.16 (Notice of Conclusion of Audit)
    Noted. After a discussion, it was unanimously agreed for Cllr Parkhouse to act as contact for the conclusion of audit.
  7. Litter Picker
    The possibility of having a 'Village Litter Pick' when the road was closed was discussed.

    RESOLVED: To make enquiries with NCC and N&SDC litter picking services.
  8. Vehicles Causing Obstruction on Main Road - Update
    The Chair read a response given by the police;

    "The offence of obstruction only becomes an offence if someone rings the police at the time when they are obstructed. e.g. someone with a pushchair can’t get by a car and can’t go into the road." Noted
  9. Grass Cutting outside King John's Court - Update
    The Chair read a response given by NCC Highways;

    "Unless it was agreed in the planning for the new(ish) built properties, then that verge is NOT part of the highway and [I] don’t think it ever has been. The plan from 1898-1901 shows the highway boundary as pretty much a straight line along the back of the footway. [The sluice gate on that plan is still there]

    I can only assume that the verge area in question was created by 'setting back' the wall/fence line to allow for a visibility splay. It all hinges on whether it was decided as part of the planning that the vis splay was then going to be included in the maintained highway. I certainly don't have any record of it so it really falls upon the homeowners to prove otherwise. I am content that this verge wasn't highway before the properties were built and unless someone shows proof to the contrary, it's not highway now either." Noted.

    The Village Council do not cut grass on private properties.
  10. Councillors DBS Checks
    There was a lengthy discussion concerning whether DBS checks should be carried out on councilors and whether there was an obligation on councilors to disclose any details that might be shown on a DBS check.

    The Clerk and D/Cllr Brooks informed the meeting that there is no obligation on councilors to complete a DBS check.

    RESOLVED: - To seek advice from NALC and N&SDC. D/Cllr Brooks to contact N&SDC legal department.

    The Chair commented on the recent resignation from Cllr Harbottle. She will be sadly missed on the council. Noted
  11. King's Clipstone Village Forum
    Recent reports in the Chad have mentioned King's Clipstone Village Forum. The council needs to connect with the forum to find out what village issues they are investigating. Cllr Bromley suggested the following information is sought:
    • Where and when do they meet?
    • Who are their representatives?
    • Who runs the forum?
    • Is it properly constituted?
    • Who are there main contacts?

17/064 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages
    Cllr Smyth asked whether the final pay included holiday pay as none have been paid whilst the Clerk has been employed.

    Final pay was approved unanimously.

    RESOLVED: Clerk to make enquiries about holiday pay and pass details to Cllr Smyth for calculation.
  2. Neighbourhood Plan, Helen Metcalfe Invoice - £1,000
    Approved unanimously and cheque written.
  3. Christmas Light Infrastructure Invoice - £4,559.81 (incl £759.97 VAT)
    After a discussion the invoice was approved and cheque written.

17/065 Date of Next Meeting 9th November 2016 at 7.00pm -] noted

2038hrs meeting closed.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813