Meeting Minutes 9 March 2016

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Wednesday 9th March 2016 in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Bromley, Govan, Harbottle, Parkhouse, Smyth

Apologies: Cllr Maguire - family illness, D/Cllr Peacock - attending Clipstone Parish Meeting, D/Cllr Brooks - attending Governors Meeting

16/117 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

16/118 Apologies for Absence

Reasons were approved unanimously.

16/119 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

None.

16/120 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 10th February 2016

Approved unanimously by those who had been present subject to the following amendment: -

Minute reference 16/114 (i) change caravan site to Sherwood Forest Holiday Park.

16/121 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

No public in attendance

16/122 County Councillors Report (to be made when C/Cllr Peck arrives)

The leader of NCC and MP met with Minister Claire Perry to discuss the Robin Hood Line. There is funding for the stations available however, other costs need to be found.

The budget for NCC has been set. There will be an increase of +3.9% - 1.9% increase by NCC and 2% due to government instructions concerning Adult Social Care provision

16/123 District Councillors Report

No D/Cllrs in attendance.

16/124 Village Councillors Report

The drains at the bottom of Squires Lane/Gorsethorpe Lane junction were reported as they are blocked and covered in leaves.

RESOLVED: - Clerk to report blocked drains to Highways.

Residents of Squires Croft are appealing against the reclassification of 7 properties in respect of council tax. These properties have been reclassified at Band E from Band D. The remaining 21 properties are still in Band D. There is a question of whether the reclassification has been carried out by N&SDC or the Valuation Office and the reason. [Cllr Bromley declared an interest]

RESOLVED: - Clerk to speak to D/Cllr Brooks

The next meeting of the Safer Neighbourhood Group will take place on 6th April 2016 at 6.30pm in Clipstone Village Hall. There is a new Chair - Tammie Bevan. The meeting is open to members of the public.

16/125 Planning Matters

DECISION - 15/02155/FUL - Change of use of two existing stable buildings to self-catering tourist accommodation with minor external alterations and associated parking.
REFUSED FULL PLANNING - noted

16/126 Agenda Items

  1. Venue for Future Meetings
    Edwinstowe Parish Council are happy for Kings Clipstone to continue to hold their meetings at the Village Hall. They would like a formal agreement signing and there will be a charge of £10 per meeting.

    RESOLVED: - Cllr Parkhouse proposed continuing to hold meetings at Edwinstowe, Cllr Bradley seconded - agreed unanimously.

    It was unanimously agreed to send a letter of thanks to Sherwood Forest Holiday Park thanking them for their generosity in providing the community room.
  2. Litter Picking
    An update was requested. After a discussion including H&S reasons why many of the roads in King’s Clipstone are not able to be litter picked, it was agreed for further enquiries to be made at N&SDC concerning options available.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to contact N&SDC for options

    A resident, Tom Redfern has recently cleared a lot of litter from the top of Rat Holes.

    RESOLVED: - It was unanimously agreed for the Clerk to send an official letter of thanks to Mr Redfern in appreciation.
  3. Fracking
    Licences were issued by the Government last December. There was a discussion concerning the impact on the local area.

    Representatives from Frack Free Nottinghamshire are holding a meeting at the Manvers Arms, Edwinstowe on Sunday 13th March at 12.00pm - all welcome.

    RESOLVED: - To invite Jennie Thomson of Frack Free Nottinghamshire to Annual Parish Meeting
  4. Neighbourhood Plan
    1. Natalie Cockerell Payment for Grant Applications
      It was unanimously agreed to pay £500 immediately and a further £500 on successful completion of the second grant application. In total Natalie will be applying for £18k for the neighbourhood plan.

      RESOLVED: - to inform members of the working group and to raise cheque.
    2. Accuracy of Census Information
      It was agreed to use the provided data as a starting point and request an example questionnaire from Helen Metcalfe that we can use to collect more accurate data.
  5. Queen's 90th Birthday Celebrations Event - Update
    Satisfactory insurance information has been received and the beacon has been ordered.

    Cllr Bromley is dealing with the gas bottles for the beacon.

    It was agreed to produce a leaflet for all residents informing of the event which will be free and very low key.

    RESOLVED: - Cllr Smyth to produce village leaflet, Clerk to apply for Temporary Events Notice, Unanimously agreed for expenditure up to £300 to cover all eventualities

16/127 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages
  2. Glasdon UK Limited - Dog Bin Post - £48.20
  3. NALC Membership - £81.12
  4. Beacon - £358.80 (£299 + VAT)
  5. Website Annual Maintenance - £200

All cheques approved unanimously and raised.

16/128 Date of Next Meeting 13th April 2016 at 7.00pm at Edwinstowe Village Hall - noted.

Meeting closed 2030hrs.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813