Meeting Minutes 8 December 2017

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Thursday 8th December 2016 in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllr P Bromley (Vice Chair) (In the Chair), Cllr Cate Hunt, Cllr Alan Stanley, Cllr Steve Parkhouse, Cllr Janet Smyth, Cllr Mickey Bradley

In attendance: Cllr Celia Brooks, NSDC, Lynda Ogilvie, Temporary Clerk, 3 members of the public

17/087 Welcome

Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and confirm that the two new members of the Council, Cllrs Hunt and Stanley, had signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

17/088 Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Cllr Govan.

17/089 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

There were none.

17/090 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on 23rd November 2016

The minutes were approved as a correct record and signed.

17/091 Questions from the public

There were no questions from the public.

17/092 County Councillors Report

In the absence of Cllr Peck no report was submitted.

17/093 District Councillors Report

Cllr Brooks updated the meeting planning matters which have been of concern. These include renovations taking place without planning permission; the placement of portacabins and shipping containers, and the erection of stables on land where planning permission for dwellings had been rejected. It was felt that NSDC policy on ‘suitable’ buildings is not clear, and this can lead to inappropriate buildings being built. Because of changes in planning regulations, properties can be significantly enlarged without the need to apply for planning permission.

Cllr Brooks confirmed her understanding that roadworks in the village are due to be completed in March.
Cllr Brooks was asked – as Chair of Edwinstowe Parish Council – if approval would be given to Kings Clipstone PC continuing to use the facilities of Edwinstowe PC for their meetings. Cllr Brooks felt that this is likely to be acceptable, but that she would need to discuss it with her colleagues. Temporary Clerk will make a formal request for this facility to be continued.

17/094 Village Councillors Report

There were none.

17/095 Planning Matters

No further planning matters were discussed.

17/096 Agenda Items

  1. Acceptance signing of new Parish Councillors
    As recorded above, this had been completed at the start of the meeting.

  2. Neighbourhood Plan
    Vice Chair presented the draft plan. It requires some additional maps and drawings, and the Council was asked to approve a budget of up to £500 for the additional work. After consideration of the budget for this project, councillors unanimously approved the suggested figure.
    Helen Metcalf has requested a postponement of the next meeting date. It was agreed to look at a date during the first week of February.
    Councillors discussed how to coordinate comments from the Steering Committee. The best option was a separate email address within the website. Members will be asked to identify the sections their comments refer to, and to ensure that they read each others’ comments. Helen Metcalf will then coordinate the comments into the plan.
    Steering Group membership to comprise of:
    Cllrs Hunt, Stanley, Parkhouse, Bradley
    Joy Harbottle
    Keith Laver
    Luke Shaw Browne
    Julia Stanley

    Others to be approached are Diane and John Ross, Robert Davies

    Members of the steering committee will be given a paper copy of the draft plan, and council approved a budget of up to £40 for copies to be printed.

  3. Playing Field
    It was agreed that the Council will instruct a Solicitor to make the initial approach to the vendor, and a budget of up to £250 for this initial work was unanimously approved. Cllr Bromley will approach suitable Solicitors to ascertain their willingness to undertake the work, and the likely costs.

  4. Business Forum
    Vice Chairman reported that the Forestry Commission is keen to get involved more with the community, and to take an active part in the business forum. This matter will be considered again after the New Year.

  5. Clerk Applications
    This will be reviewed at the next meeting. It was reported that the mobile telephone used by the previous clerk had poor signal, and should be changed to a provider with better reception in the area.

    It was agreed that the council would employ Mrs Lynda Ogilvie as a temporary clerk until a new clerk is appointed, and her charges and mileage rates were unanimously approved by council.

  6. Continuation request to meet at Edwinstowe Village
    Temporary Clerk will write to Edwinstowe PC Chairman to request that the current arrangements continue.

  7. Christmas Tree lights and infrastructure
    Christmas tree has been obtained, and lighting up will be on Saturday 17 December. The tree will be dressed first with secure lighting, and then switched on.

17/097 Accounts for Payment

The following invoices were approved for payment:

Urban Forward - £2,450.00 - preparation of the Design Guide
Planning with People - £5,000 – work on neighbourhood plan
Paul Bromley - £16.19 – new ink cartridge

17/098 Date of Next Meeting 11 January 2017 commencing at 7.00 pm.

Cllr Parkhouse recorded his apologies for this meeting.

Chairman thanked everyone for their attendance, and closed the meeting at 8.25 pm.

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813