Meeting Minutes 14 September 2015

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 14th September 2015 in the Community Room, Sherwood Forest Holiday Park, Gorsethorpe Lane, Kings Clipstone.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Govan, Harbottle, Parkhouse, Smyth. D/Cllr Brooks, C/Cllr Peck

Apologies: Cllrs Maguire, Rowe, D/Cllr Peacock - family/work commitments

16/044 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

16/045 Apologies for Absence

Approved and accepted unanimously.

16/046 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

Cllr Bradley - 16/053 (v)

16/047 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 13th July 2015

After a discussion concerning minute reference 16/036 where Cllr Parkhouse was described as 'storming out' by a member of the public, there was a vote to see whether the minute would stand. 3 for, 1 against and 1 had not been in attendance. Minute stands.

The minutes were approved (3 for, 1 against) and signed by the Chair.

16/048 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

The Chair reminded members of the public that this is the section of the agenda for their contributions.

A resident asked whether anything had been done about changing the meeting venue? Agenda item 16/053 (viii)

A resident would like the council to pass on thanks to NCC Highways for the works completed at the bottom of Mill Lane? Clerk to speak to Highways

A resident asked whether the piece of grass in front of the allotment could be cut as it is overgrowing the footpath. Agenda item 16/051 - Cllr Parkhouse to raise

A resident asked how long it would be before meetings could be held in the Mission Hut? This is an ongoing process but the structural survey has taken place.

A resident asked if there was an update on resurfacing Squires Lane? C/Cllr Peck to respond in his report.

A resident reported that another piece of wood was now missing from Forge Bridge - the repair work had not yet been carried out. Cllr Parkhouse had been liaising with Rights of Way Officer. Clerk to deal

16/049 County Councillors Report

C/Cllr Peck continues to chase the repairs to Squires Lane, the potholes have been repaired but the lane needs resurfacing. It is one of the worst stretches in his area. Will keep trying. Main Road will be resurfaced this year.

Requests have been submitted for reduced speed limits on Gorsethorpe Lane - 50mph, from the 30mph sign to Cavendish island - 50mph and from Cavendish island to 30mph reduce from 60mph to 40mph.

Cllr Parkhouse asked whether the marks on the pavement on Main Road were to indicate where the grass was overgrowing the footpath. These marks are for replacement lamp posts.

16/050 District Councillors Report

D/Cllr Brooks reminded the meeting that she is on Homes & Communities, Planning and is a Director of Newark & Sherwood Homes. D/Cllr Brooks cannot express an opinion on planning applications but can take any comments forward to the meetings. All comments through Alice. D/Cllr Brooks would like to visit the Tin Tabernacle. Contact Cllr Bradley to arrange

Cllrs Peck and Brooks left the meeting

16/051 Village Councillors Report

Cllr Parkhouse raised issues concerning grass cutting including the grass verge opposite the playing field on Squires Lane, the verge near the telephone box on Main Road and the possibility of receiving the grass cutting grant from NCC. Clerk to speak to Highways

The bridleway has opened up between Center Parcs and Rufford Park.

Cllr Govan informed the meeting that Newark Hospital is raising awareness of the A&E facilities and other services they provide.

NCC has asked whether we would like to order grit bags this year. We are given 5 bags free and the grit bin will be filled. After a discussion, and as the deadline is before the next meeting, it was agreed under emergency provision, to purchase 10 bags. Clerk to order

NCC have asked parish councils to contact local farmers to ascertain whether they would help clear snow in extreme weather conditions. Clerk and Chair to draft letter

Cllr Govan asked whether other councillors had received correspondence from Hopkins Solicitors about the accidents and road safety on Gorsethorpe Lane. Cllr Parkhouse has given a personal reply. Agreed to agenda in October for a confidential discussion

16/052 Planning Matters

  1. Proposed Rear Extension - The Willows, Squires Lane
    After a discussion it was agreed to approve the application - 4 for and 1 against, with the following comments.

    As there is limited information available on the application, suitable care should be taken to ensure the extension fits in in the surroundings due to its prominent position.

16/053 Agenda Items

  1. Weeding of Newly Planted Hedge on Gorsethorpe Lane
    The verges have been cut today and destroyed the hedge. Clerk to contact Highways
  2. Neighbourhood Plan
    We have received expressions of interest from 5 residents. Natalie Cockerell is currently off sick, the Clerk has an alternative who will provide the training. Agenda October
  3. Squires Lane Noticeboard
    Cllr Govan to meet with residents to discuss positioning etc. The current board will remain for general use.
  4. Standing Orders
    These have been circulated previously. Please contact the Clerk with any amendments for formal approval at the next meeting. Items in bold cannot be altered. Agenda item October
  5. Use of Council's Equipment
    There needs to be a protocol for loaning the council's equipment to community groups and businesses. Clerk to draft protocol for approval at next meeting.

    The meeting formally approved the use of marquees and sundries for the King's Clipstone Brewery Beer, Cider and Music Festival. This event is a community event with entertainment where all are welcome to attend.

    Cllrs Bradley and Govan declared an interest - no financial gain
  6. Litter Picker
    We have one applicant - Paul Darrington who currently works at Edwinstowe Parish Council. Cllrs Govan, Harbottle and Parkhouse to meet with Paul. Formal permission was given to the councilors to appoint if happy. Clerk to give details to Cllr Smyth
  7. Change of Meeting Day from Mondays to Wednesdays
    Agreed unanimously. To start from Octobers meeting - now Wednesday 14th October. Clerk to update website and noticeboard
  8. Change of Meeting Venue
    Edwinstowe Parish Council is happy for ordinary meetings to be held in the Council Chambers, Village Hall, Edwinstowe. There will be no financial cost. Unanimously agreed to hold meetings October - February inclusive at Edwinstowe. Clerk to write to Sherwood Forest Holiday Park to inform them of the changes and thank them for their generosity over the past 5 years.

16/054 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages and Overtime
  2. Photocopying - Edwinstowe Parish Council

Approved unanimously and cheques written and signed

16/055 Date of Next Meeting Wednesday 14th October 2015 at 7.00pm at Edwinstowe Village Hall

Meeting closed 2005hrs

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813