Meeting Minutes 13 July 2015

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 13th July 2015 in the Community Room, Sherwood Forest Holiday Park, Gorsethorpe Lane, Kings Clipstone.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Govan, Maguire, Parkhouse, Rowe, Smyth

Apologies: Cllr Harbottle - holiday

16/032 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present and reminded the meeting that there were allotted times for the public and councillors to participate.

16/033 Apologies for Absence

Apologies were approved and accepted unanimously.

16/034 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

None

16/035 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 13th June 2015

Approved

Approval of Annual General Meeting Minutes 11th May 2015

Councillors Harbottle and Parkhouse did not vote for Cllr Govan as Chair. Change to Agreed with majority.

16/036 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

A member of the public did not approve of how the last meeting went, especially the reason for Cllr Parkhouse storming out. The Chair responded that it is quite in order for her and the Clerk to meet with other bodies outside of the ordinary meeting.

A member of the public suggested that to encourage more members of the public to attend, the meetings could move venue - perhaps to the Mission Church. This is part of the longer term plan.

16/037 County Councillors Report

No County Councillor in attendance - apologies given

16/038 District Councillors Report

D/Cllr Peacock introduced himself and will provide his contact details to the Clerk. His background is community development and community engagement. He is a member of the Economic Development and General Purposes and Licensing Committees at Newark & Sherwood.

16/039 Village Councillors Report

Cllr Rowe reported that fibreoptic broadband is now in the village.

Cllr Bradley reported on the comment made by Mark Spencer MP at the Liberteas event - the only way to widen Main Road is to knock down some of the houses.

Members of his office will be visiting the village on Thursday morning to speak to locals and visit the Mission Church.

The Chair requested that the approval of Standing Orders be agenda’d for September. Clerk to send copies to all over the summer for perusal

The Chair reminded the meeting that the Clerk works 3 hours per week and is also employed at Edwinstowe. From now on she can be contacted between 5pm and 6pm Monday - Thursday (mobile number will be provided). Details to be put on website

The Chair proposed changing the meeting nights from Mondays to Wednesdays. Agenda item in September

16/040 Planning Matters

  1. Side extension to Gorse Bank Farm
    The Village Council supports the application. Proposed Cllr Parkhouse, seconded Cllr Smyth - approved unanimously

16/041 Agenda Items

  1. Litter Picker
    After a discussion it was agreed for Cllr Smyth to design a poster for website and for the top of Rat Holes. 4 hours per week (flexible), living wage - currently £7.85. Applications to be considered in September
  2. Sherwood Forest Trust Event
    The event is this weekend (12, 13 and 14 July)
  3. Neighbourhood Plan
    1. Leflets
      One expression of interest has been received to date. Cllr Smyth to design a poster requesting expressions of interest. Agenda item September.
    2. Timeline
    3. Working Group
      Items b and c deferred to September. Agenda item September. Clerk to contact Natalie Cockerell for availability regarding training course
  4. Cllr Parkhouse Update
    Contrary to Cllr Parkhouse's verbal resignation at the last meeting, he confirmed he has not resigned. The Chair informed the meeting that we are trying to accommodate his disability.
    Cllr Parkhouse reported that the acoustics in the room make it difficult for him to hear. Agreed unanimously to write to the Chair of Edwinstowe Parish Council to request the use of the Village Hall during the winter months.
  5. Internal Audit Update
    Now sent to the External Auditors for approval. There is still the problem of no bank account Chair to visit bank to sort
    1. List of Assets
      Unanimously agreed for Cllr Smyth and the Clerk to collate assets.
  6. Squires Lane Noticeboard
    Agreed to send a letter to Alan/Kate for permission to install a noticeboard near the bus stop on Squires Lane. Agreed in principle to purchase a new noticeboard up to the value of £300, subject to approval from the residents. Cllr Parkhouse abstained
  7. Forge Bridge
    Cllr Harbottle has reported (to the Clerk) a missing side panel on Forge Bridge. Cllr Parkhouse has already informed the Rights of Way Officer.

16/042 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages and Overtime
    Approved unanimously and signed by Cllrs Rowe and Bradley

16/043 Date of Next Meeting 14th September 2015 at 7.00pm

Meeting closed 2005hrs

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813