Meeting Minutes 11 May 2015

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 11th May 2015 immediately after the Annual General Meeting, in the Community Room, Sherwood Forest Holiday Park, Gorsethorpe Lane, Kings Clipstone.

Present: Cllrs Bradley, Govan, Harbottle, Parkhouse, Smyth

Apologies: Cllrs Maguire and Rowe - work commitments

16/007 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

16/008 Apologies for Absence

Apologies were approved and accepted unanimously.

16/009 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

Cllr Bradley under items 16/016(ii) and 16/016(iii).

16/010 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 13th April 2015

Minutes were approved unanimously, subject to the following corrections and signed by the Chair

  • Minute reference 147/15 - amend to read Thoresby Colliery
  • Minute reference 147/15 - amend to read Robin Hood Line

16/011 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

A resident asked whether the village website is up and running - Yes

A resident asked whether the piece of land next to the Mission Church could be cleared and the fence reinstated. It was agreed to write to the landowner

16/012 County Councillors Report

None present

16/013 District Councillors Report

The Clerk confirmed the elected District Councillors were Celia Brooks, Paul Peacock and David Thompson. None were present as they had not signed their declarations of acceptance of office.

16/014 Village Councillors Report

Cllr Harbottle thanked councillors, on behalf of a resident, for their hard work.

Cllr Harbottle expressed thanks to Cllr Parkhouse for his recent efforts.

Cllr Harbottle read an email from D/Cllr Sheila Soar who congratulated councillors on their recent election and informed the meeting that she had been elected as D/Cllr for Bilsthorpe.

Cllr Parkhouse requested the Clerk looked at costs and feasibility of employing a litter picker for the village. Agenda item June

Cllr Govan reported that the Clerk has contacted NCC Highways to request some form of physical parking barrier to be placed at the end of Mill Lane. This could be done when the footpath is installed from Mill Lane to Sherwood Pines.

16/014 Planning Matters

None.

16/015 Agenda Items

  1. Approval of Financial Statement 2014.15
    This has not yet been completed as the final bank statement has not been received. The Clerk has contacted Malcolm Plumb, the previous Clerk, to find out if he has the bank statement and new cheque book. An EGM will be required to approve the audit statement when complete.

    Cllr Parkhouse asked whether the grass cutting invoice had been received as there had been confusion between King's Clipstone and Clipstone councils last year. Clerk to chase
  2. Magna Carta Anniversary Event
    Sherwood Forest Trust (SFT) has applied to N&SDC for funding towards this event. Clerk to contact N&SDC to ascertain when we will find out if successful

    A grant application has been received from SFT for the event. A discussion took place regarding whether the Village Council should award a grant and the suitability of contributing to the event. Clerk to speak to SFT for more information and to inform councillors at the Annual Parish Meeting next week.
  3. Correspondence from resident concerning Waterworks Drive
    After a discussion it was agreed for the Clerk to send a reply. Clerk to send
  4. New Councillor Training Events
    There is a workshop on 21st May 2015 at Ollerton Town hall. Cllrs Bradley and Govan to attend. Clerk to inform NALC
  5. Newark Hospital
    It was agreed to invite representatives from Newark Hospital to attend the Annual Parish meeting next week. Clerk to invite
  6. Neighbourhood Planning - grant application and working group
    It was agreed for Cllrs Bradley, Harbottle and Parkhouse to form the Working Group but for this group to be flexible for other councillors to attend as and when required. Clerk to forward Grant Application forms to Cllr Parkhouse for consideration by the Working Group and to bring back to full council for approval.
  7. Disposal of Lawn Mower
    It has previously been agreed under minute reference 113/15 to dispose of the mower. Cllrs Bradley, Maguire and Parkhouse to arrange removal as the mower is broken and is beyond repair.

16/017 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages and Overtime - approved
    Cllr Harbottle asked whether a review of the Clerk's hours was required as she had been in post over six months. Agreed and agenda item June meeting
  2. Insurance Renewal - approved
  3. Photocopying Costs - approved unanimously

16/018 Date of Next Meeting 8th June 2015 at 7.00pm

Cllr Govan submitted apologies for the Annual Parish Meeting
Cllr Harbottle submitted apologies for the June and July meetings

Meeting closed 2003hrs

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813