Meeting Minutes 8 June 2015

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Kings Clipstone Parish Council held on Monday 8th June 2015 in the Community Room, Sherwood Forest Holiday Park, Gorsethorpe Lane, Kings Clipstone.

Present: Cllrs Bradley (1940hrs), Govan, Maguire, Parkhouse, Smyth. D/Cllr Brooks, C/Cllr Peck

Apologies: Cllrs Harbottle - holiday, Cllr Rowe - work commitments

16/019 Welcome

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

16/020 Apologies for Absence

Apologies were accepted and approved unanimously.

16/021 Declarations of Interest in Items on the Agenda

The Clerk for item 16/028 (iv).

16/022 Approval of minutes of the meeting held on Monday 11th May 2015

Minutes were approved and signed by the Chair.

Annual General Meeting minutes were not approved as they had not been previously circulated. Clerk to agenda for July meeting

16/023 Questions/statements from members of the public (15 minutes)

Resident thanked all for their hard work around the village.

Resident commented on the recent thefts from gardens around the village. Clerk to contact PCSO

Resident commented on the motorbikes riding on the lane and railway tracks. Clerk to contact PCSO

16/024 County Councillors Report

Potholes have been reported.

Resurfacing of Main Road is in this year's programme - subject to finance

Robin Hood Line - there is a meeting at the end of July with Mark Spencer MP, Chair of Transport and Highways. Currently awaiting outcome of feasibility study which should be within 3-4 months.

16/025 District Councillors Report

The new District Councillors will represent all 3 villages. Contact for D/Cllr Brooks can be made through the Clerk or on 01623 823098.

District Council is run on a committee basis (meaning decisions are made at committee level and not by full council). D/Cllr Brooks sits on planning, homes and communities and is a Trustee of Newark & Sherwood Homes. D/Cllr Peacock sits on Economic Development and licensing.

One District Councillor will attend each King's Clipstone meeting.

16/026 Village Councillors Report

Cllr Smyth reported suspicious vehicles. Clerk to contact PCSO

Cllr Parkhouse formally nominated Cllr Harbottle as representative on Safer Neighbourhood Group. Approved unanimously

Cllr Govan reported that the grass has been cut at the bottom of Gorsethorpe Lane but a piece has been missed. Clerk to contact Highways

16/027 Planning Matters

None.

16/028 Agenda Items

  1. Litter Picker Costs
    The Clerk has calculated the following costs based on the living wage: -

    3hrs per week - £1,193.40 per annum
    4hrs per week - £1,591.20 per annum
    5hrs per week - £1,989.00 per annum

    A discussion took place concerning the areas to be picked, how often and total number of hours. Agenda July
    Clerk to enquire with probation service to ascertain whether they are still able to litter pick
  2. Sherwood Forest Trust Event
    The event is this weekend (12, 13 and 14 July)
  3. Neighbourhood Plan Update
    Cllr Parkhouse started to give an update of the position so far. The Chair, who had recently met with a planning officer, interjected with the following recommendations during which Cllr Parkhouse tendered his resignation from the Council, and walked out of the meeting. The Clerk recommended he put it in writing. Cllr Parkhouse to submit written resignation (1945hrs) :-
    1. Invite expressions of interest from the community re involvement in Neighbourhood Plan Working Group
    2. Funding is available for professional advice and guidance. £18k from Locality and further grants may become available after the Neighbourhood Plan is completed for projects defined within the Neighbourhood Plan.
    3. It was recommended that all members of the Working Group and all Councillors attend a training session so they are all aware of the process.
    4. All members of the Working Group should agree to sign up to Terms of Reference, accept the Village Council's policies (including Code of Conduct) and complete a Register of Interests Form.
    5. The previous suggestion to send the Neighbourhood Plan for a Health Check and Landscape Study is thought to be a waste of money at the present time.
    6. Need to provide a list of planned consultation events for the forthcoming year as the current level of consultation is not extensive enough.
    Quotes for planning officer time for project management are £1,000 for 20 hours for the duration of the project. Clerk to design notice and agenda for July meeting

    Recommendations approved unanimously.
  4. Clerk's Hours Review
    Agreed to move to confidential.
  5. County Civic Service Invitation
    Cllr Govan would like to attend. Clerk to inform NCC
  6. Approval of Annual Audit Statement
    An extension has been requested as the final bank statement has not been received.
  7. Village Leaflet
    Details of the leaflet were discussed and approved unanimously. Clerk to prepare leaflet
  8. Purchase of Noticeboard for Squires Lane.
    A member of the public offered to design and make a noticeboard. Need to send letter to residents that own the bus stop for approval.

16/029 Accounts for Payment

  1. Clerk's Wages and Overtime - approved
    Approved unanimously
  2. Photocopying Costs
    Approved unanimously

16/030 Date of Next Meeting 13th July 2015 at 7.00pm

Meeting closed 2010hrs

Parish Council Pages

Contact

Tel: 07935 080 813